Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween 2012

Halloween wasn’t exactly what I’d hoped for. Last fall, my sister and I went to Kid-to-Kid (the only time I’ve been there), and I discovered a turkey costume. How could I resist? I felt very proud of myself that I had Halloween costumes ready a year in advance.

On Sunday, I decided I had better do a practice run. I couldn’t find Tek’s monkey costume anywhere. And Turk absolutely refused to wear the turkey costume. So, I tried Plan B. I put the turkey on Tek and put Turk in the Turkish soldier’s uniform his uncle gave him.


Turk hated the uniform—particularly the hat—plus it was still way too big for him (Halloween 2013?). Tek couldn’t move at all in the turkey. What to do? What to do?

Fortunately, Eser knew where the monkey costume was. And my sister recommended Turk dress as a footballer since that’s his favorite thing to do. Brilliant.


Sadly, I had to teach Halloween night (I was quite the bitter and angry person yesterday, but I’m starting to get over it), so I made sure to dress up the kids and take them to see their cousin Bridger’s Halloween parade at school in the morning.


I’m glad I did because by the time I got home last night, Turk was already asleep. I was sorry I didn’t get to take the boys trick-or-treating—not even at Grandma’s house!—but I’m grateful they aren’t yet old enough to realize they were ripped off. And since we didn’t get very many trick-or-treaters—mostly a bunch of teenagers, boo!—I got to chow down on Halloween candy all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment