1) When I woke up yesterday, I decided to tackle the leaf-problem in our frontyard. I figured the best way to do it was just to mow the lawn. It turns out mowing the lawn is not so easy when you are 37 weeks pregnant. I also wasn't exactly delighted when our neighbors made some snide comments about me cleaning up the leaves that had fallen in their yard. Really? You really want the pregnant woman to clean off your driveway? Of course, E was furious when he saw what I had done. Two hours laters, the lawn was covered with a fresh layer of leaves.
2) Last night, E and I went out to dinner for date night. The hostess tried to sit us in a booth, and I quickly discovered that my stomach was much too large to fit. Talk about humiliating.
These two episodes pretty much summarize how I've been feeling all week. I've started my weekly visits to the doctor, and Tuesday was an overall disappointment. After five weeks of lying headdown like a good boy, Baby B has turned. He was diagonal at our appointment, and I can tell that he is now lying sideways. Apparently, he's in no hurry to join us.
The doctor also said, for the first time, that Baby B is a big lad. First, it's pretty hard for me to believe that in one-week's time he went from being a normal-sized baby to a huge beast. Second, I'm not exactly thrilled about the idea of actually delivering a massive baby (assuming he ever turns around). E now constantly appologizes for the extreme pain I will be feeling in a few weeks because of Gigantor.
Okay, I'll stop dwelling on the negatives (although I'd love to go on and on about how impossible sleeping, breathing, bending, and sitting are). Yesterday was potentially my last free Saturday before Baby arrives, so I decided E and I needed to do something exciting. I wanted to spend the day in Moab, and E initially agreed. However, after learning it was a 3-hour-plus drive each way, E decided spending the day in the car might not be the best for my health (or that of Big Baby).
Instead, thanks to the generosity of my brother, we went to an American football game. Of course, E had never been, and it was something I wanted him to experience. I was surprised and delighted to run across my cousin and his three-year-old son. Pretty random that we sat near them in a stadium of 65,000 people.
E had a hard time understanding the logic of football (Why is it so difficult to move the ball 10 yards if you have 4 tries?), and I was positive he was totally bored by the whole experience. After the first quarter, though, he announced that he loved the game. He took a million pictures, made us stay to the bitter end (the score was 55-7), and turned on a random football game when we got home. I was sorry we didn't see Moab (I don't dream of making the trek with a baby in tow), but I was happy he really enjoyed such a uniquely American experience.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment