Sunday, January 9, 2011

Life

Unfortunately, blogging is going to be more difficult for me. My darling husband watched a soccer match on my computer Friday. Now my computer has a virus, and I can't even open a web browser to download anti-virus software. Sigh. I love my husband. I love my husband.

I worked for four hours on Friday and two hours on Saturday, and I'm pretty much traumatized. I like my job very much and especially enjoy the people I work with. However, I have yet to learn how to compartmentalize my life. Every time my milk came in at work, I had to hold back tears.

I ordered an electric pump but it didn't work, so I ended up leaving formula for Turk on Friday. He took the bottle well, fortunately. Unfortunately, as soon as I got home, I noticed a changed baby. He cried for the rest of the day, couldn't fall and stay asleep (and this baby loves to sleep), and even had worse gas and puke than normal. He literally cried for hours and hours, and the only thing that soothed him was a bath. If I didn't feel guilty before about going back to work ...

Fortunately, he slept while I worked yesterday and I picked up a manual pump after work, so my sweet, happy baby is back and will never have to drink formula again (I hope).

Of course, E is such a European and blames everything on cold. Turk is sick because I don't dress him in enough clothes and wrap him in enough blankets. When I got home Friday, he had dressed Turk in two outfits and yesterday he had socks on his hands. Oh my. Personally, I think he's in much more danger of heat exhaustion.

I just hope I'll get the hang of things soon since E is going back to school this week. Other women seem to handle everything so gracefully!

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there! Going back to work after a baby is one of the most horrible things ever! The ones that handle it 'gracefully' are a lie! You are doing GREAT, and everything will work out...trust me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, PJ, I need to hear that. Notice that he's wearing his warm shoes in the picture above. They are perfect since it is literally freezing these days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who is going to baby sit while your at work & E is at school & working? Aunt Jenny

    ReplyDelete