E and I fall more and more in love with Turk every day. He’s putting on weight (now he has fat rolls on his thighs, like Mommy), developing personality (he laughed in his sleep the other day and it was the sweetest sound I’ve ever heard), and learning so much (he’s crazy about his hands).


The last month has been pretty insane, and I am so blessed to have such a delightful baby, because taking care of a newborn and animal sitting is more than I bargained for—especially when I step in poop in the middle of the night.I love, love, love my baby, but I also have rediscovered some health challenges since his birth. About 12 years ago, I caught a mono-like virus which has led to chronic exhaustion and headaches. After years of unsuccessful treatment, I finally discovered the one way I could cope with these problems was to get enough sleep. Naturally, I no longer sleep properly, and I find myself feeling worse and worse. I feel very sorry for my husband and baby who now live with a cranky monster.
I am very fortunate to have E for a husband. He really has a magic touch. He lovingly takes care of our menagerie, and he has a gift with Turk. Anytime Turk cries, he can calm him. And when Turk is awake in the middle of the night, he patiently helps him back to sleep while Mommy cries in pain and exhaustion.

Of course, it also breaks my heart and boggles my mind to think about going back to work at the end of the week. Even though I hope I’ll be able to arrange my schedule so E can take care of Turk (I’m not sure how it’s going to work since he’s been offered more hours at his job), I think, of course, that Turk needs me and I am a terrible mother to consider leaving him—even for only a few hours. And then I think that I’d really be a terrible mother if I didn’t have money to keep him in diapers (and boy, does that baby use diapers).Forgive my rambling. I am so blessed to have my little family, and I just hope I can meet the challenges—and 2011—with greater love and appreciation for them. Okay, enough complaining and cheese!
No comments:
Post a Comment