Monday, August 8, 2011

Vacation Photo Barrage

The Balcıs aren’t actually MIA. We’ve just been trying to recover from a super-fun and super-exhausting California vacation.

FRYS

My brother and his family came on vacation. We had a fun time playing in the pool and going to the beach with them. I’ve never been a huge beach fan (I hate sand), and I’m afraid Turk might have inherited my distaste. Although he ate some sand, much to my distress, he much preferred playing with toys in the shade.





BABA and BEUTLERS

Being away from E for five weeks was just too much for Turk and me. We missed him and needed him. He was finally able to come to San Diego for the end of our vacation. Sadly, because of an unfriendly TSA, he missed his connection from Istanbul in DC and had to spend the night in the airport. We were all very sad but so happy when he arrived in San Diego the next morning.

The same day E arrived, my sister and her three daughters also came. It was the first time her girls had met E, and they all immediately fell in love. E spent hours playing with the girls in the pool, watching movies with them, and even taking walks. At the end of the vacation, my 8-year-old niece said, “I’m so glad you married E.” Me too!








DISNEYLAND

We went to Disneyland with my nieces, and I think everyone had a good time. It was hot, and the lines were long, but everyone was a good sport—even Turk, who didn’t get to do much more than sit in his stroller.















DONUT DAYS at DEL MAR

Donuts and racehorses. Enough said.



LA JOLLA COVE

We only saw a few seals, but that was good enough for us.











LAS VEGAS

We decided to rent a car and drive home so E could experience Las Vegas. He really enjoyed the crazy spectacle of Vegas. Sadly, the baby and I turned in early so he had to explore the Strip alone. Next time, we’ll have to go with friends.







ARIZONA

Hot. Hot. Hot.




No comments:

Post a Comment