Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Fun Times

We’ve had a lot of fun over the last few days. We rode the Heber Creeper, went shopping in Park City, and attended the Circus.

I’d never been on the Heber Valley Railroad and was excited to take their Pumpkin Patch ride. I had visions of riding the train to a pumpkin patch, choosing our pumpkins, and getting lots of cute pictures of Turk in the fall foliage. It was definitely not what I anticipated.

My sister and her family were kind enough to join us. The train was decorated for Halloween, and the six of us squished into two facing benches.



The train ride was fine, but I was so disappointed by the “pumpkin patch.” I’d dressed Turk in his monkey costume in anticipation of picture time. First, he was the only child dressed on the entire train. I’m not sure why that was, but I was glad he was too young to feel self-conscious or embarrassed.


Second, there was no pumpkin patch. The train stopped at a platform with a pile of pumpkins. Everyone was rushed off the train, told to pick a pumpkin, and rushed back on the train. Boo hoo. I was kind of upset, but Turk at least enjoyed looking out the train window.

We also went to the outlets in Park City with my sister and some of E’s friends from school. For someone who can be such a pill (he tried to climb out of his crib this week), Turk was a super trooper. He spent the whole day sitting down, strapped in his car seat, or buckled in his stroller. He didn’t complain once, but he was so happy when we finally got home that night and he was able to just relax and play with his toys.

"I love my mom very much"
We were walking at the mall when suddenly E stopped and turned back. He’d heard Turkish and went to meet the family he’d overheard. It was a very cute couple with their two children. Of all things, the husband is studying Chemistry (E’s major) in Salt Lake City. He said there aren’t many Turks in SLC, but there are about 80 families of Kyrgyz-Turks. Who knew? E, of course, invited the family and any of their friends to dinner sometime, so we’ll see what I can make to satisfy a picky Turkish eating crowd since I’m not very skilled at making Turkish food.

Last night, Turk, E, and I went to a traveling circus. E had never been to a circus, and I’ve only been to one in Ukraine, so we were both very excited.  I admit I was again quite disappointed.  I expected a bit more professionalism considering how pricey the tickets were.  It also wasn't my brightest idea to take Turk out during his bedtime.  Lesson learned.

Piccadilly Circus

Clown

Boxing Kangaroo


1 comment:

  1. Its really amazing how big Turk is getting. He has such beautiful eyes & those eyelashes are to die for. The girls will all be fighting over him before you know it.

    ReplyDelete