Monday, October 3, 2011

Four Weeks Later

At the doctor AFTER combing his hair!
Turk went to his follow-up visit at the doctor today. I was delighted to see that he’s gained 1.5 lbs in the last month (although I think his diaper might have weighed .5 lb). His weight is still less than 3% (his height is now 11%), but the doctor didn’t seem concerned, and I’m very pleased with Turk’s appetite and the little belly he’s developed—no more ribs!

E and I have noticed that Turk’s right eye sometimes moves to his nose, so we made an appointment today for him to see a pediatric ophthalmologist. Unfortunately, we’ll have to go up to Salt Lake and couldn’t get an appointment for two months.

Turk continues to both delight and alarm us. He is incredibly active. He crawls everywhere, cruises along the furniture, and even took two steps on his own. Of course, I wasn’t watching at the time, but his father and aunt swear it’s true. I’ve decided that he’s just plain mischievous. He loves to eat the cat food and play in the cat water. I’ve told him “no” a million times, but he just ignores me. He laughs when I catch him trying to unplug the computer from the outlet. However, I showed him one time how to back safely off the sofa, and now he does it every time (including trying to back off the bed, which is three feet high). He apparently has selective learning ability.

My life rotates around my son, but E actually leaves the house. He is becoming much more social and has made some great friends at school. Recently, I talked about moving for better job opportunities, and he seemed really distressed at the idea.

Last week, he invited about 10 classmates over for dinner, and he’s started working out with his friends after school. I’m happy that he’s enjoying life, but I’m not so sure about my stomach growing bigger and bigger while he’s getting fitter and fitter. Last night, his buddy from Brazil invited us to attend church with him and his wife. E was a good friend and said yes, so I attended my first Maranatha service, which as far as I can tell is a Baptist religion that originated in Brazil. There was a lot of pop-ish music and declaring. Everyone was extremely nice and drooled over Turk, but a third religion is exactly what this family does not need.

No comments:

Post a Comment