Warning: this post contains bathroom references and repeated uses of the word “pee.”
As a child, I remember hearing—and being shocked—that married couples routinely walked around in their “nudie pants” (as Georgia Nicolson says) and even used the restroom in front of each other. I didn’t like the idea, but I was told such behavior was “normal” after marriage.
Apparently, I do not have a normal marriage. E is downright prudish. He always closes—and even sometimes locks (though I have never tried to open the door)—the bathroom door when he showers or takes care of other business. In fact, he has never even passed gas in front of me—something I believed from my brothers was a national pastime for males.
With this in mind, it was purely by chance that I discovered this week something unusual about my husband’s bathroom habits. Apparently, according to E, “good” Muslims do not pee standing up. It has something to do with lingering residue, but I really can’t comprehend how standing or sitting really makes a difference.
Regardless, I’m now in a bit of a quandary. I am already dreading Baby B’s potty training future. How in the world am I going to teach him to pee sitting down?
From my experience in potty-training a toddler, I will share my "expertise" on the issue. Well, we have one of those tiny seat covers that go on top of the other seat cover. It has a boy pee guard. I have taught Tyler to tuck his "wee-wee" under the pee guard. Oh, and yeah, he bends over, too, to make sure there aren't any mis-squirts. I don't want to know how a grown man does it.
ReplyDeleteMaybe he can just use the pee guard for the rest of his life :)
ReplyDelete