Sunday, October 3, 2010

Under Construction

My parents are in the process of remodeling their house, and E got into the action this week by doing a little demo. He spent a few days breaking down the outdated fireplace in the family room and carting the stones out to the garbage. E isn't exactly used to manual labor, so I was so proud (and a little guilty) watching him work so hard.


Of course, the house is an absolute disaster. We had to move everything, including the TV, into another room. Today, I noticed a pile of pillows laid out on the floor. I couldn't figure it out until E explained that he'd set them up to protect the TV in case it falls. Tee hee. My husband is so cute.

Really, he is such a cutie. Today, while I was watching Conference, E sat outside watching a soccer match on the computer. I love how relaxed and un-self-conscious he is. If you look carefully, you will see that he is wearing a pair of my sandals and one of my mom's sweaters. What a hoot.

On Friday, we had a sleepover with my 10-year-old niece. I love seeing Sydney and E together because they have really similar personalities. What do you want for dinner? I don't know. What do you want to do? I don't know. Good grief. They both ate about two bites of their sandwiches for dinner, and then we played games (they are both very competitive). We played two rounds of Yahtzee, and they each won once. Then we played Apples to Apples. It's a pretty crazy game to play with a child and a non-American since neither understood the pop culture references. E was so proud that he won, and Sydney was sad that she lost. Sydney and I slept together, and E spent the night in the guest bedroom. At least he had one of the cats to keep him company.

Finally, I went to the doctor this week. Our appointment was fast (E can't believe Americans actually spend 200 bucks for 3 minutes with the doctor), but Baby B seems to be progressing well and has turned head down in preparation for arrival. If only I could sleep until then.

In surprising news, E has actually gained more weight than I have since we moved to the US. He stepped on the scales this week, and I think he's gained about 5 pounds. I'm delighted by the news. He's convinced, though, that he's developing a gut, and it's all because he never walks anywhere anymore. I understand his distress about lack of exercise, but he can definitely stand to gain even more weight.

2 comments:

  1. What & how are you going to finish the fireplace surround? That looked like a really big job to undertake. Good work E. How are you doing? Do you plan on working much longer? Love you , Aunt Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they're putting in a new fireplace. It should be very nice. I'm doing well. I plan to work until I go into labor :)

    ReplyDelete