I was incredibly happy to celebrate Christmas at home with family this year. Two years ago, I worked on Christmas day. Talk about depressing. Last year, my flight home was canceled due to weather. I was devastated. However, I’m pretty sure that canceled flight ultimately led to my engagement, marriage, and baby Turk, so I can’t be too upset about that.
I was very happy when my older sister decided to come spend a few days with us. Her trip was short and fast, but it was fun to share Christmas traditions and memories with her. We also had dinner last night with my brother and his family. It felt like a real Christmas.

More than anything, this Christmas was special because it was Turk and E’s first.

Here they are singing the Hallelujah Chorus (I think).

Turk, of course, slept through most of it. But I had so much fun watching E open his stocking and presents.

E asked for a PS3, and I couldn’t refuse him the gift on his first Christmas. He never smiles for pictures, so I love the pure joy on his face as he opened his present.


E was absolutely darling and said multiple times how much he enjoyed Christmas. The quote of the day: “Is there only one Christmas in a year?”
I felt very lucky that both E and my sister spoiled me with Christmas presents. I also really enjoyed E’s first attempt at wrapping gifts:

Of course, my greatest Christmas gift is my sweet baby. He’s unfortunately developed some baby acne in the last few days, but he still melts my heart.

Turk looks sooo adoreable. We were happy that Lisa got to come and visit you guys for a few days. And I know you loved having family around you after so many years of not being at home for Christmas.You are truly blessed. New Husband, new baby new life altogether. Love you, Aunt Jenny
ReplyDeleteI had to chuckle when I read about E wishing for a second Christmas in the calendar year. Tell him that it is possible to get spoiled a second time in the year. We'll start celebrating his birthday that is on his passport every year.
ReplyDeleteSydney suggested he choose June 25, so he'd get presents every six months.
ReplyDelete