Saturday, May 7, 2011

Genetics


I've been thinking a lot about genetics lately since my half-Turkish child is the whitest baby in the land. Everywhere we go, people stop us and ask to hold the "yellow" or "foreigner" baby. I'm not sure how this makes E feel, or how Turk will feel about it in the future. I feel so sorry for Turk that he inherited my extreme paleness. I wanted so much for him to have his father's nose and skin. However, I have discovered he inherited the one thing I hoped he wouldn't from his father: the unibrow. Poor, poor child.

3 comments:

  1. Great video How many people did it take to dress poor little Turk? That was a lot of layers it looked like. Its not that cold in the house is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turk looks like an Angel sleeping in this picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The house is actually that cold--so we are staying with his sister who has a warm house.

    ReplyDelete