Saturday, May 15, 2010

Gainfully Employed . . . Almost

There is finally progress on the job front. I got a call yesterday from my future chair telling me I needed to do even more paperwork so I must come to the department immediately. I went to the department, and they said I had to go to the administration building with a colleague to help translate. So I got to wait around for that colleague for almost two hours.

She was very sweet, though, and helpful. Her father-in-law actually works in personnel, so we went up to see him. And then we got to sit for another two hours while he had his secretary fill out my paperwork. I’m sure I could have done it much more quickly and simply, but it was very kind of him to be involved. Hopefully, that is my last piece of paperwork (as if!).

Today, E and I ran into my future boss on the way to the market. He said everything should be set. The Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Finance have both approved my paperwork. They just need to send the paperwork back to the university. Hopefully, they will do so in a timely manner. And hopefully I’ll get to take a long vacation in the US afterwards.

P.S. I got an interesting email from the embassy this week asking me if I was staying in Erzurum because they don’t want the ETA next year to be alone. Hmm, should I charge them some sort of consulting fee for working with the ETA? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment