E is also thinking about the future, but he’s thinking about the future future, as in Turk’s future. E’s two uncles, who are close to his age, had their first children a few months before Turk was born. Both uncles have asked E to arrange marriages with Turk and their daughters. And last month, E’s classmate also gave birth to a daughter. She, too, has asked him to promise Turk to her daughter.
She is a beautiful baby, although bizarrely dressed, but E is pretty set on Turk marrying his new cousin Gemma.
Both my sister and I have told him that it is illegal for Turk and Gemma to marry. He assures us they can just get married in Turkey. Ha!As for me, I’m in no rush to arrange a marriage for Turk (ever). I’m just excited that he’s finally rolling over!
We definitely don't want you to go. For sure. I will try to understand if you decide to... change. Sniff.
ReplyDeleteAlso - in Turkey you can marry your cousin?
I just did a little research. It's legal in 19 states!!!
ReplyDelete