Life has been a bit hectic lately. On the bad side, the other car broke down today, so we have to look into getting it fixed. On the good side, we loved having my mom visit for a couple weeks. We had lots of good times together with the family and driving up to Heber to see my sister and her new baby.One night, we had dinner with my brother and his family. My mom brought along bubbles for the grandkids. However, I think my husband liked them best of all.
We discovered that Grandma really knows best. Turk detests driving in the car and screams at the top of his lungs from start to finish (unless he screams himself to sleep). Imagine how painful our drives to Heber were. And for some reason, Turk has decided that he no longer wants to use a pacifier. He would much rather just suck on his hands.
Smart Grandma bought some toys to hang from Turk’s carseat, and the crying has dropped substantially.
Turk was also pretty cranky for a few days, and we realized he’s started drooling like crazy. Could my not-yet-four-month-old really be teething already? Grandma again saved the day with lots of teething toys and some medicines to help ease the pain. He’s still drooling, but no teeth yet.
Grandma did make one mistake. She introduced Turk to TV, and now he loves it. He likes to watch the TV, stare at the computer, and even likes watching videos on the iPhone. He especially likes watching videos and seeing pictures of himself.
I can’t even express how much I love my baby. He really is the sweetest little thing in the whole world, and I can’t believe how fast he is growing and learning. If he had his way, Turk would stand all day long. He loves to stand and pull himself up (with a little help) from a sitting position.
Turk can now sit in the Bumbo, but he doesn’t like that his legs are confined and can almost get out by himself by arching his back.
He can talk a mile a minute (I’m not sure if it’s English or Turkish), and I was delighted this week when I tickled his tummy and he laughed hysterically.E and I agree that we couldn’t possibly have a cuter baby, and we’re both terrified that if we have another child, he will be a holy terror. I guess we’re in no hurry, though, since E already has two sons (at least in his mind).
Thanks for the update. Turk really is growing fast. I can't belive how big he's getting. I don't think he can possibly get any more hansome.And he's getting hair again. Lol
ReplyDeleteThe only problem is that his hair is growing back as a mohawk!
ReplyDelete