On my To Do list is posting more pics of my sweet baby, so hopefully that will actually happen. I feel very fortunate to be Turk’s mom. I can’t imagine a sweeter, cuter baby. He loves to make grumpy faces and kind of resembles the Grinch, but he actually has a lovely, calm temperament. He enjoys eating and sleeping, has amazingly-loud gas, and especially loves snuggling when he’s asleep. I am so blessed to have such a good little boy.I’m also very blessed to have such a good husband. Last night I woke up with a terrible case of the chills. I could not get warm, and my teeth were chattering. Turks go to the hospital for everything, and my husband wanted to take me immediately. Of course, I refused. So he lay next to me until I was warm again, and then he took care of the baby (feeding, diapers, snuggles) all night long despite having finals this morning. The timing of Turk’s birth wasn’t very convenient for E (the week before finals) and I’m afraid his grades are seriously going to suffer, but he hasn’t uttered a single complaint. I am a lucky, lucky woman.
I have a wonderful husband and son, but I’m finding recovering from childbirth (or rather, a c-section) is much more difficult than I anticipated. I cry a lot and feel a lot of pain. Currently, I am bleeding from four different areas of my body. Who knew? I just hope my body (and my emotions) will get its act together so I can really appreciate this time with my little Grinch.
Ok, now for some photos of my sweet baby . . .
Leanna, I promise you will feel better soon. Having a baby is hard, and having the first baby is harder because you are not so sure about what to do. I know that chills are normal though, and night sweats are too, especially when nursing. Those first few weeks are like a haze usually. Just RELAX. Really--that's what I would do more if I could turn back time and had only one baby to take care of. You will do great! Just give you some time and lower your expectations. I remember crying quite a bit too in the first two weeks:) Good luck.
ReplyDelete