First, E’s grandfather passed away last week. Annebaba (literally motherfather) lived next door to E and his family, so the passing has been particularly difficult for him. I also think it has reawakened the sorrow he has about his losing his father. I know E really wanted to return home for a bit, and I suggested he go, but he wouldn’t leave his wife and new baby.
Second, not only did I get an infection but poor Turk’s circumcision wound also became infected (no connection between the two). He’s such a sweet baby, but he’s been miserable for days and cries unless he’s eating, which has been challenging for us both. I hate to see him so miserable and dislike that my baby is only two weeks old and already on antibiotics.
Finally, despite months of asking, my parents’ contractor never put up the rain gutters. It’s been raining here for days, which means the basement has been flooding. My poor husband has been bailing window wells all day and night, an American experience I’m sure he could have done without. Needless to say, I’m not too happy with the contractor. The last thing this sleep-deprived mother of a sick baby needed was flooding.
I love Christmas, and I’m hoping this week will be better. We are having a few holiday visitors this week. My sister’s dog has been staying with us for the last few days. Unfortunately, because of the rain, Rex has been cooped up indoors. He’s not really sure what to make of the baby, but our bed has been plenty cosy with his presence. As soon as Rex leaves, my other sister’s dog is coming for two weeks while she’s in Texas. Fortunately, my husband has turned out to be an animal lover, and this is Turk’s chance to become one as well.The real exciting visitor, though, is my other sister who is coming from Portland for a few days. I can’t wait for her to meet Turk and E—and to give Turk lots of snuggle time. Oh, and somewhere in the mix, I probably should do some Christmas shopping as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment