Sunday, August 15, 2010

Construction

I’ve been fascinated by a construction project near our apartment. Basically, the university is replacing some of the buildings’ doors and windows and covering the outsides with a thin layer of styrofoam. The styrofoam is then covered with a thin layer of cement.

I have to walk through the construction zone on my way to the market, and I am shocked and appalled by the state of the area. Basically, every inch is covered with garbage, broken glass, and nails. I know Americans are a litigious people, but I can also understand why. Children spend the day playing on the construction materials, running through shards of glass, and making bombs from bit of nails. I don’t know who should be responsible: the university, the construction company, or the parents.

I’ve taken a few photos, but they simply do not do justice to the piles and piles of dangerous rubbish covering the entire area:




No comments:

Post a Comment