Somehow, I’ve developed a pretty wicked chest cold. My throat aches, and I’ve been coughing up phlegm left and right (I know, it’s a beautiful image). I’m not exactly sure how I caught a cold since it’s a billion degrees outside and I don’t go anywhere. E’s positive it’s because I open the window at night and drink cold water. I try to explain things like bacteria and viruses, but he’s not buying it. Unfortunately, he’s also getting sick now—just in time for finals week. Oops.
Life has gotten vaguely more interesting recently, and I’m not talking about last night’s date night to see Salt. It’s one of those movies you should only watch on a Saturday afternoon when there’s nothing else on tv. Disappointing.
Anywho, on Tuesday, E went to a friend’s house to study. At about 10:30 I got a call from a strange number. Some man was talking in Turkish, and I just said, in Turkish, “wrong number.” Before I hung up, though, E got on the phone and asked me to throw him my keys out the window.
Apparently, he lost his keys somewhere along the way. He said he’d been waiting outside for half an hour, hoping I’d look out the window. Of course, I never looked out the window because I assumed he had his keys. I guess some men saw him standing outside the building and didn’t believe that he lived there—thus the phone call. Unfortunately, they apparently still don’t believe he’s my husband because they have called my phone again. E rarely gets angry, but I saw his “Latin” (I guess it’s really Ottoman) blood rise when some strange guys started calling his wife. Scary.
Anywho, life with only one set of keys is definitely interesting. I thought I spent a lot of time at home before . . .
I know all about the excitement of having one key. Dad and I have had lots of togetherness when we have stayed away from home in the last few years. Here we lock him in when we leave since we are taking away the key. What fun.
ReplyDelete