Monday, June 7, 2010

Bzzz

The weather in Erzurum has really improved. When it’s not raining, the temperature is soaring—to over 80 degrees! Naturally, in our teeny tiny apartment, we’ve been opening the windows for a little relief. Unfortunately, our apartment is now infested with insects. Both E and I are covered with bug bites from head to foot. It’s all pretty miserable.

Of course, I didn’t know until now that my dear husband has a huge fear of bugs—of all sizes. On Saturday, I was surprised to hear E practically screaming. A giant bee was flying around our apartment. It must have been an inch long, so anyone would be afraid of the bee, but I was highly amused by my tough guy’s reaction.
To comfort E, we decided to see a movie. We went to Robin Hood, which should really be called Pre-Robin Hood. It was long and violent and ok. E liked it because it was long and violent. After the film, we ate dinner. During dinner, E asked me a huge favor: could we see another film? So, we went to Prince of Persia, which was just violent and silly. I am seriously going to win the best wife of the year award.

2 comments:

  1. Don't you have screens on your windows? If not you should request some. Love you ,Aunt Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, there are no such things as screens in Europe!

    ReplyDelete