Thursday night, Meryem, one of my friends and former coworkers, called me. "We are going to have a wedding for you on Saturday!"
What? My old department booked a wedding salon, bought a cake, and invited dozens of people to attend an Erzurum wedding for E and me.
I was pretty much in shock. Before I agreed, though, I had to talk to E. He was not at all happy. "You know what this means?" he said. "You have to get a dress, I have to find a suit, and we have to pay for the wedding."
"So I should say no?"
"Of course not," he said. "They have the salon, a cake, and invited people. This is Turkey. We cannot say no."
So, it's been a few stressful days for us. Last night, Meryem and Burcu showed up with a wedding dress they borrowed (thank goodness for that). It is huge, gaudy, and downright hideous (with plastic flowers and all). It is horrible. Of course, M and B said it was beautiful. I guess in Turkey it is beautiful.
Anywho, assuming we can get everything done, we are having another wedding tonight, including a trip to the hairdresser and a professional photographer. Look forward to some awesome pics in the near future.
YOur Wedding pictures are beautiful. Can hardly wait to see the new ones.Uncle Sonny & Aunt Jenny
ReplyDelete