On Thursday, I thought I would do something special, so I pulled out my couscous from Paris to serve for dinner. Why do I even bother? I admit the couscous was really bland (next time I'll have to add some extra seasoning), but it came all the way from Paris, ya!
For Date Night, E and I went to a late-night showing of Shutter Island (since I have class until 9 pm on Friday nights). The movie, which takes place in a mental institution, was definitely interesting but also made me feel a little bit like I was losing my mind.
E and I went on our first shopping trip Saturday. We headed off, by bus (boo ya), to Erzurum's dreamy mall to buy E a pair of new tennis shoes. After visiting every store, and having heart failure over the prices, we finally got a pair.
Then we went down to the electronic stores. I really, really want to buy a Wii (E wants a PS3). Of course, we'd have to buy a new tv, too. And electronics are not cheap. A decent tv is over 2000 TL ($1500), and a PS3 is 1000 TL ($750), so we'll just be dreaming of electronics for a long time.
After the mall, we went to a dinner hosted by my first-year English students. The restaurant was crowded, but the students were very sweet. The food was only so-so, but we went for the company.
And I was grateful for my cute husband who hates crowds but patiently endured a night of photographs and even some Azeri dancing, which reminded me a bit of a bird flapping its arms.
No comments:
Post a Comment