I continue to feel very frustrated at work. For my speaking class, I am requiring all my students to perform dialogues as part of their midterm exam. Everyday, four pairs are scheduled. I had a mini-tantrum on Friday when I came to my 8 am class and discovered none of the pairs had come. I gave a long, and very loud, lecture on the importance of actually showing up for your exam.
Later, I talked to Burcu. She said my chair was complaining about me again. This time, he said that I only come to the department to teach my classes, and then I leave. I couldn't believe it. First, it is completely untrue. I spend HOURS in the department. On Tuesday, alone, I was there for 13 hours. Second, why doesn't he say something to ME instead of complaining behind my back? If he actually talked to me, he would realize that he is completely wrong in his assumptions. He would also realize it if anyone in our department actually took the time to ever talk to me.
That same day, I got a call from one of the assistant chairs asking me to teach another class. I agreed. Then at 5:10, I got a call from the chair of the School of Foriegn Languages asking me why I wasn't in class. What class? I asked. My faculty speaking class. The reason I wasn't in class was because NO ONE had total me I had a class. Sigh, sigh, sigh. And poor E has to live with all my crying, complaining, and anger over my work situation.
No comments:
Post a Comment