Just when I thought my work couldn't make me any crazier . . . I usually go into work Monday at about 1pm because I don't have a class until 4 pm. My office has no computer, no printer, and terrible internet, so I use this time to prepare lessons (and every moment I'm in my office, students flood it).
This morning, I was actually preparing something for one of my colleagues when I got a phone call. It was my department telling me I had to come in right then to open my office. They couldn't communicate to me why. I was not happy, and told them since I did not have a car, I would be there as soon as I could.
So I scampered off to my office without showering, without makeup, forgetting my wallet and wedding rings. When I got there, they moved two big bookshelves into my office because the department wants to store books there. Wow. First, they didn't even ask me if it was ok to use my office as a storage room. Second, if they had actually told me about it in advance, I would have arranged my schedule to be there to open my office. The zero communication, and being treated like a child, makes me crazy!
E came home for lunch to discover I wasn't there (we like to eat lunch together on Monday). He is a sweet guy and offered to bring me lunch. Instead, we went out to dinner tonight with Burcu and her son. We wanted to watch Alice in Wonderland (although I thought it was too scary for a 5-year-old). However, it was in Turkish, so my language skills spoiled the plan. Instead, I am back home preparing lessons . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment