I am feeling really frustrated about work today. Apparently, everyone in my department was really angry with me because I had not submitted my grades. Of course, I HAD submitted my grades. But no one bothered to ask me about it or say anything about it. I wouldn't have known there was a problem if I had not asked. Talk about frustrating!
I also talked about staying next year. I think now that I am married, they believe they have the advantage. Apparently, another American woman has also just moved to Erzurum with her Turkish husband (can you believe it?), so I am also no longer in high demand.There is no more talk about a higher salary or longer vacations. It makes me very upset. The truth is, I don't have to work at this university. If I want to stay in the city, I can work at any school (including a really posh private school), so I am disappointed by this turn of events.
Of course, my husband is very sweet and tells me that I don't have to work if I don't want to. I told him I'd take him up on that offer in a few years. As for now, I just have to find a tolerable working situation.
No comments:
Post a Comment