I've been feeling pretty negative at work lately, as you are well aware. Today, I went to work. I asked if they had resolved the classroom situation. I was told there was no classroom available at any time during the week. I would just have to cancel my Monday class and drop it from four hours to three. I was not happy about this because my students really need that extra hour.
I went to class (well, to all the students standing in the hallway because we have no room) and told them the verdict. My students refused to accept it. They want that hour of class. It made me so happy. In fact, they want it so much that they found an empty classroom (why the administration can't do that, I don't know). So, for now, we still have a four-hour class.
In less happy news, I agreed to work an extra two hours in the School of Foreign Languages. They wanted me to work the weekend, but I said I could do it on Monday, Wednesday, or Thursday evening. Of course, they called me today and said they'd scheduled it for Tuesday evening. I have the time free, but that means that I teach 8 hours on Tuesday spread over a 13-hour time period. It just makes me so tired even thinking about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment