(1) On our plane ride to Erzurum, E started playing a tetras-like game on the iTouch. He is now obsessed with it and has been playing all night. When it comes to games, he is like a child. I told him my 9-year-old niece has reached the highest levels of the game, and he is determined to match Sydney's score. Sigh.(2) While he is playing, he also insists that I sing him songs. The only songs I know are children's songs, so that's what he's getting. He asked me to sing him the National Anthem yesterday. You can imagine how beautiful that was.
(3) Poor Mike, the ETA, lost his luggage on the way back to Erzurum. E is not a huge fan of Americans (funny since he married one) and people in general. However, he has a huge man-crush on Mike. He has helped call the airlines to track down the luggage. He is also very worried that Mike's wife is no longer here. He says he will take Mike to play football and to watch matches so he is not alone. I am very happy and only a little jealous that he loves Mike as much as he loves me.
(4) The weather in Erzurum has been amazing. It is cold but not Erzurum cold, and I was lulled into thinking the winter was over. This morning when I walked to work, I wore ballet flats. I didn't want to wear a coat, but E insisted. This afternoon, it started snowing like crazy. My darling husband called me at work and asked if he should go home to bring my boots so I could walk home in the snow. Talk about dreamy.
What a kind husband. I like him already, and can't wait to meet him at your reception.
ReplyDeleteGuess what. It is snowing like mad after being 50 degrees this morning. Hmmmm
ReplyDelete